The Hovis Ultimate British Sandwich Competition
1. All competitions are open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales aged 16 and over.
The ultimate sandwich terms
2. To enter the competition, simply submit your details along with the name and fillings of your ultimate British sandwich.
3. There is no limit on the number of entries per person, but votes are limited to 1 vote per day per person.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on Sunday 27 May 2012.
5. The Competition will consist of 2 judging rounds, as follows:
Round 1 – One finalist will be chosen for each of the 7 regions by a Hovis committee,
and these entries will go through to Round 2.
Round 2 – Between Monday 4 June 2012 and Midnight on Sunday 17 June, users will
vote which regional finalist entry they think is the ultimate British sandwich.
6. The overall winner of Round 2 will be announced on the 18th June 2012 and will receive a Fortnum & Mason hamper with a value of £500.
7. In Round 1 the Hovis committee will judge each entry on the basis of creativity and uniqueness in its use of British produce.
8. The decision of the committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The 7 regions are: Wales and West country; South East including London; East Anglia; Midlands; North East; North West; and Scotland.
Daily Prize terms
10. A Daily Prize will be awarded at random each day to an entrant via the Hovis micro site during Round 1.
11. The “Daily Prize” is a wicker hamper which contains a Hovis British Farmers loaf and various other picnic ingredients to the value of £50.
Photo competition terms
12. Individuals approached by the Hovis street team will be given the opportunity to enter the photo competition.
13. One winner will be selected at random from the gallery on our micro site. The lucky winner will receive a cheque for £100.
14. By agreeing to have their photo taken, entrants permit their picture to be added to the gallery section of the micro site.
15. After entry, should any entrant wish to be removed from the competition, they should write to: FAO: Hovis Ultimate British sandwich competition, Premier Foods Group Limited, Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 2RE.
General terms governing all competitions
16. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Proof of submitting an entry is not proof of receipt.
17. Entrants must ensure that details given when entering are correct.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify or cancel the votes of any user which it deems has used improper technical means to enter or vote.
19. Winners will be notified by email or phone and must reply to their winning notification within 14 days. If they do not respond within 14 days, the promoter reserves the right reissue the prize.
20. There is no cash alternative to the prizes and unless otherwise agreed in writing the prize is non-refundable and non transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. The Promoter will not be liable for changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s control.
21. The Competition is not open to the employees of Premier Foods plc (or immediate family members of employees), or any of their associated agencies.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
23. This competition, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this competition.
24. Details of the prize winners' will be posted on the Hovis Facebook page and the winner’s names will also be available for three months after the close of this promotion by sending a SAE to the Promoter at the address below, stating the name and date of the promotion.
25. The finalists and the winner agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and location for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each finalist’s, the winner's, and each entrant's, personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion.
26. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
27. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to the Promoter.
28. Promoter: Premier Foods Group Limited, Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 2RE